WORK AT REACH OUT AND READ RHODE ISLAND
The Program Coordinator will report to the Executive Director and liaison between each of the 65 program sites and the organization. This role is a field position requiring the ability to travel to every corner of the state, build and maintain relationships, gather data, and provide instruction and training for new site staff.
The Program Coordinator will visit different program sites, sometimes delivering books, survey program fidelity, and help each site facilitate the program to the best of their abilities by connecting sites with resources, training, and other administrative support.
Duties and responsibilities
- Visit program sites in person to assess fidelity to the program and address any needs
- Input site report into the database after each field visit, including rating program fidelity and follow-up needed to improve program facilitation
- Organize lunch discussions at the program sites, including facilitating discussion and presenting new information
- Onboard new partner sites by recruiting, completing the online application, training, providing book stocking, and other startup related activities
- Stock books in designated locations, including clinic storage spaces and waiting rooms
- Keep the team informed of overall program health at partner sites, emphasizing special needs, or other areas of support
- Monitor online training needs for site staff, including providers and non-medical staff
- Attend regular staff meetings and report observations “from the field” to inform and guide strategic decisions in support of the program
- Facilitate a bi-annual data collection, ensuring reporting is accurate and submitted by deadlines
- Coordinate site visits for donors and other unscheduled visits
- Assist with community and fundraising events (2-4 each year)
Requirements and qualifications
- Some college preferred
- Must be a licensed driver with a car
- Must be physically able to lift and deliver 25-pound boxes, and physically able to stock and organize books on shelves of varying height
- Excellent organizational habits with attention to detail
- High-level customer service skills, including active listening, empathy, and problem-solving
- Strong computer skills essential, including Microsoft Suite and the capacity to learn database functions, such as input and running reports
- Ability to work independently with a flexible schedule
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of responsibility and accountability
- Positive, open, nonjudgmental, and non-patronizing demeanor
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Additional functions and responsibilities may change or may be assigned.
Salary and terms of employment
Part-time position. Approximately 12-15 hours per week, $18-$20 per hour, four-five days per week. Fringe benefits are not included.
The Program Coordinator is a field position that requires in-person facilitation. A flexible schedule that operates during pediatric clinic hours is required. Events may require an occasional evening or Saturday morning.
Physical Requirements: Carrying, Driving, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling, Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Standing, Walking, Writing
Equal Opportunity Employer Reach Out and Read Rhode Island is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Closing date: April 30 or until position filled.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Aimee Falso at email@example.com.